- H.B. 540, Reg. Sess. 2021
- Description: Establishes supported decision making as an alternative to guardianship. Includes SDMA form.
- Status: Engrossed, passed House, in Senate Committee as of 04/07/2021.
- Public Link: [http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/bill_status.aspx?lsr=716&sy=2021&sortoption=&txtsessionyear=2021&txtbillnumber=HB540]
- S.B. 134, Reg. Sess. 2021
- Description: establishes Supported Decision-Making (SDM) as a statutorily-recognized alternative to guardianship for adults with disabilities and their families
- Status: Passed on 08/16/2021
(search completed 09/21/2021)
- Fact Sheet: “Supported Decision Making for Youth Transitioning to Adulthood,” New Hampshire Family Voices
- Video: Disability Rights Center-NH and the Institute on Disability at UNH, Panel Recording
- Article: New Hampshire Magazine, Know your options: Alternatives to guardianship
- Article: New Hampshire Union Leader, Alternatives to guardians for the disabled embraced
(search completed 04/12/2021)
Information Last Updated: July 21, 2022