Supported Decision-Making Statute
- N.D. Cent. Code § 30.1-36 (2019).
- Link to North Dakota Code: https://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t30-1c36.pdf
- Link to Enacted Bill: https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/documents/19-0884-05000.pdf
- ND H.B. 1378, 66th Legislative Assembly (2019-2020).
- Description: Codifies Supported Decision-Making and recognizes Supported Decision-Making Agreements
- Status: Enacted – Signed by Governor March 19, 2019
- Public Link [legiscan.com/ND/bill/1378/2019]
- ND 2145 – Emergency Measure
- Description: Appears to include SDMs in the bills definition of “essential caregiver.” Exact language “resident’s designated decisionmaker.” Mandates that Essential Caregivers be given access to long-term care facilities provided they follow proper COVID-19 health protocols.
- Status: Engrossed, returned to Senate 04/09/2021
- Public NewLink: [https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/67-2021/bill-actions/ba2145.html]
- Website: What is Supported Decision Making?, North Dakota Protection and Advocacy Project
- Video: “Supported Decision Making: An Alternative to Guardianship,” North Dakota Protection and Advocacy Project
Information Last Updated: July 21, 2022